Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Secrets of my 100 days vacation plan to get bikini body fit



 

Pool parties, beachfront vacations, and water park adventures…ahhh the joys of summer are almost upon us, and while it’s synonymous with relaxation and fun, for most people, it’s also another source of stress! Short shorts, arm-baring tops, and the dreaded beachwear come to mind.. But don’t worry! There is still plenty of time to shed a few more pounds before entering the plane to my vacation destiny UAE in September.
By combination of a sophisticated and calculated meal plan with an intensive exercise program, my metabolism should rev and keep the energy high to see the desired results!
I would like to explain you my specific plan for my 100 days vacation countdown:

Strength training is essential for losing weight and staying fit. It helps me to build lean muscle, which boosts my metabolism, plus it tones up those problem areas.
My head-to-toe sculpting routine is designed to completely reshape my entire body. I do the two-split workout (push- and pull- workout plan) 2 times each week (I also make sure to rest 1-2 days in between). For extra calorie burn, I do some HIIT by moving quickly from one exercise to the next or add some Jumping-Jacks or Jump Squats in-between in order to keep my heart rate elevated. Further I change up the workouts as getting stronger, moving from light weights to heavier weights over time. This should help me continue to see results!

Cardio Program: My weekly goal is to run 10 miles. As I´m currently out of practice of running a longer distance, -some of you might remember my participation in my first half marathon (B.A.A. Half Marathon 2013 in Boston, MA, USA) - I split these 10 miles in 2 times á 5 miles per week. I do this by varying the type of training:  If I go running hard and fast, I also add in some low intensity mileage, if it's the other way around I try some tempo or speed work to burn the calories. 

Nutrition: I eat well-balanced meals, whose macronutrients are nutrient-timed:
This assumes I plan out my meals and snacks – pretty much an essential component to reaching the beach body goal.



For breakfast I normally eat 1 slice of full wholemeal rye or spelt bread, with no-fat cream cheese (instead of margarine or butter) and some slices of turkey-/chicken breast…. Sometimes with a topping of some cucumber and lettuce leaf. Along with it, I eat 1 middle-size apple and drink my first latte macciato (skim-milk with an espresso shot – without sugar!). Normally this high-carb breakfast keep me sated until lunch. 

After three hours there´s time for my first snack: a protein shake with a mixture of milk and water. My protein powder is currently ONE WHEY ISOLATE from FITNESSGURU, flavor ‘Rocky Road’.´

My protein source for lunch is mostly lean meat (like chicken or turkey breast or beef tenderloin) or fish (salmon or tuna) with a lot of vegetable, which contains no starch (no carrots, no beans, no peas, but broccoli, spinach, pepper, tomatoes,…). Only on training days I add a small portion of brown rice or natural potatoes as carbs.

In the afternoon I drink my second protein shake, but it contains more water than milk.
After work it’s time for my workout. 

And finally for dinner I eat a protein and vegetable combo. This could be a hugh salad bowl with chicken-breast, or homemade zucchini spaghetti with Bolognese (low-fat beef ground meat with sieved tomatoes), or just scrambled eggs (1 egg and 4 egg whites) with tomatoes.


What else?
As I´m a long-distance student and also working full-time in the middle management of an international company, the daily stress level isn´t at a normal range. To improve my antioxidants I take daily vitamin and mineral supplements for total health.

Finally, always remember:
No matter how hard you're working out, if you're consuming too many calories, you'll never see the muscles that lie beneath layers of fatty tissue. At the beginning, I wrote a daily log of what I´m actually eating. This includes ALL of my snacking… every time! Then I calculated, which amount of macronutrients (kcal, grams of protein/carbs/fat) I ate daily and how many I normally should eat. Slowly but constantly I´ve changed my nutrition from day to day more to my designated target. So as you see, this isn´t a diet, this is a lifestyle change! I don´t like the word “diet”, because it has a fixed end date. The change in nutrition should become a daily bread like brushing my teeth. Only then I avoid the yo-yo effect.



So, what are your plans to get beach fit? Write it in the comments below. I´m excited to read your plans.

Stay healthy and eat clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment